Welcome to the Home of the Braves !
Good Luck to all our participants !
1. Arrival Time. Teams are asked to be at the arena 45 minutes before game time.
2. Dressing Rooms. Dressing Rooms must be vacated within 20 minutes of the end of your game.
3. Equipment Storage. No equipment is to be stored in the Halls, Lunch areas or any other parts of the arenas. Equipment must be stored outside of the arena between games.
4. Game Regulations: a. Duration. Each tournament game has been scheduled to be 50 minutes in duration as follows:
(1) A 3 Minute Pre-Game Warm-up shall commence at the published game start time. Time keepers shall place 3 minutes on the Clock and begin count-down. The First Period will commence at the end of the 3 minute warm-up.
(2) First Period shall consist of 10 minutes of game play, with clock time stopping with each stoppage of game play. Period shall end when either the 10 minutes have run out or 15 minutes of running time have elapsed.
(3) Second & Third Periods shall consist of 10 minutes of game play, with clock time stopping with each stoppage of game play. Periods shall end when either the 10 minutes have run out or 16 minutes of running time have elapsed. If there is more than a 5-goal difference at the start of the third period then the period will consist of 10 minutes straight running time.
(4) No time-outs will be permitted during the round robin games, there will be one 30 second timeout per team allowed in the final period of the C, B, A, Finals.
(5) Penalties will be 2 minutes duration when in “stop time” conditions and 3 minutes duration when in “straight running time” conditions. Penalties will be served during the game where they occurred.
b. All 6 teams will play 2 round robin games to determine which final they will play in. Points will be awarded as follows: - 1 point to win a period. - 1/2 point to tie a period. - 1 point for a tied game. - 2 points for wining game.
c. Action in the Event of a Tie game after round robin play. First go Head to Head. If still tied take the Goals For minus Goals Against and the team with the highest number wins. If still tied, Goals Against will decide. If still tied, least amount of penalties. If still tied, the team to score the quickest goal in any game wins. If still deadlocked, a single flip of the coin will determine who the winner is. (The team that has traveled the greatest distance to the tournament will have the option of calling the toss)
d. The 1 st and 2 nd place teams will then play for the “A” Title. The 3 rd and 4 th place teams will then play for the “B” Title. The 5 th and 6 th place teams will then play for the “C” Title.
e. Action in Event any of Tie in the Finals.
(1) Short Break. Following end of Regulation Time, a one minute break shall be called to allow teams to organize for over-time play.
(2) Number of Players. Each team shall remove two players from the ice (ie each team shall play with no more than 4 players, including goaltenders).
(3) Duration of Over-Time: Over-Time play shall consist of one period of 3 minutes (Stop-Time) duration. Over-Time period shall end when either the 3 minutes over-time play has elapsed or a team scores a goal to win the game (Sudden-Win).
(4)Action on Over-Time Penalties. If a penalty is called during the over-time play, the penalized player shall be removed from the ice for the remainder of the period and replaced with a new player. The opposing team shall place one additional player on the ice to provide the playing advantage. If additional penalties are called, again the penalized player shall be replaced and additional players provided by the opposing team.
(5) Further Action in Event of Over-Time Tie. If the Over-Time period fails to settle the match, then a five player, simultaneous shoot-out play shall be conducted as follows: (a) Each team shall nominate five players as shooters and a goaltender.
(b) Starting from centre ice, a player from each team shall conduct a "penalty shot" against the opposing team.
(c) The winning team shall not be decided until all five players from each team have competed.
(d) If these five players fail to settle the match, then the teams shall select additional players and the shoot-outs will continue in a "SuddenWin" method until a winner is declared.
(e) all players on the team must shoot before anyone shoots twice.
c. Discipline. Rules of the ODMHA/ODHA will apply plus any player who fights will be suspended from the tournament. Gross or Match suspensions will be reported to the ODMHA.
d. Player Eligibility. Only players appearing on the list submitted with the application and entry fee will be eligible to play unless prior notification is given and accepted by the tournament convenor a minimum of 24 hours prior to the start of the tournament. Teams must bring original team list with signatures and numbers in case needed.
5. Responsibility. The North Glen-Stor Minor Hockey Association does not accept any responsibility for injuries occurred during a game nor does it accept responsibility for lost or stolen articles at the tournament. Each Coach is solely responsible for the care and supervision of their team while on the ice and in the arena.